Join us at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston for a celebration of Nowruz, the Persian New Year, and welcome the first signs of spring! Learn about Nowruz traditions and explore Persian works of art. Enjoy artist demonstrations, music, dance, art and more throughout the day.
• View a Haft Seen display—a key element of Nowruz celebrations—designed by Farzaneh Fallah-Sohy and Mostafa Masomi.
• Experience the beauty of the diverse cultures of Iran through Persian classical and modern dance performed by the Aftab Dance Group.
• Explore the Museum’s collection of ancient Iranian and Persian art and discover Islamic Highlights on a tour or a talk.
• Join Davood Shahin as he demonstrates the fine art of Persian calligraphy in Shapiro Family Courtyard.
• Listen to Shooka Afshar and her ensemble perform as they bring the spirit of Iranian folk tunes to life.
• Be inspired to create your own masterpieces and drop in on an array of art-making activities the whole family will enjoy.